Tuesday, September 23, 2008

4+4=8

Roger wanted some theatre popcorn for a meeting so I called down to Provo Towne and spoke to someone in the office to see if they would sell me some. She said to have them put it in a garbage bag, which is what they do at night when they take it home.

I drove down and went to the snack counter where the 16 year old asked what I wanted. Having purchased popcorn before I knew if you purchased a large it came with a free refill. I explained to him that I wanted 4 large with 4 refills and if he could please put it in a garbage bag for me as i was purchasing it for work. He kind of looked at me a second and then got a bag and after some further instruction to fill a large bag and dump it in the garbage bag he proceeded to do so. After four large bags the garbage bag was full so instead of getting another bag he hands me the one refill in the large bag. I had him dump it in the garbage bag which now I couldn't tie. He handed me the bag and so I told him again that I had wanted 4 large with 4 refills so he asked if I wanted the large bags and handed them to me and told me to enjoy my movie. Why would I take a garbage bag of popcorn into the movies? By that time I just took it and left. Would someone please teach the 16 year olds that 4+4=8. I paid $25 for the popcorn. I don't know. Maybe he thought giving me the extra three bags would break the bank.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

What can you do but laugh? Not you, I mean us.