Monday, September 22, 2008

Spring Haven




I went with Lynn to check out Spring Haven Lodge which is owned by BYU for a work meeting. I have been looking all over for a meeting place and have not been able to find anything. I was hoping to hold it at Zermatt Resort in Midway but they were booked on the day I needed. I had never been out to Spring Haven before but it is a beautiful lodge. Lynn had taken his BYU ward there on Saturday. It is located up Springville canyon. There are some huge homes up there on large pieces of property. All of them are gated and private. Spring Haven is about a 30 minute drive up the canyon and almost at the end. After we toured the property Lynn wanted to show me a house at the end of the canyon road. You can't see the home from the road. It is secluded behind a hill. All you see is the guest house and pond. I had to laugh though. On the fence is a sign for the school bus to turn around (not a big area) outside the gate. Come on- you live in a multi-million dollar property (I am going to estimate low at $10 million) and you cannot drive your kids to school but make the bus pick them up in an out of the way location!


I think this will be a great location for our meeting. Now all I have to do is convince Roger.

No comments: