The Start - MV on the far right
Waiting to Start
The teams camped out on the hill
Around the track they go. I missed Tyler in the pic.Tyler had a cross-country meet at BYU on Saturday. They run a 3.1 or 3.2 mile course. He ran it in 21:59.9 (7.04 min/mi). Mountain View took 2nd place. I thought it was a good time and he looked good running. He is doing a better job at keeping his chest up. He was passed right at the finish by another runner. The time is slower than his last run by over a minute but he doesn't get to train every day because of football. He is taking a cross-country class where they practice and then goes to football after class. He usually doesn't get home until around 6:00 p.m. He usually showers and then we eat dinner and he does his homework and then it's time for bed. He is mainly running for exercise, like he needs more, so I don't worry too much about his time. He does have a goal of breaking 19 min. He has plenty of time to run seriously in college. I keep teasing him I am going to make a marathoner out of him. I've always wanted to go to the Olympics. If only he would cooperate.
The course was awful. Doug Padilla was there and I am sure he figured out the course. They started on grass next to the outdoor track and ran up by the baseball stadium, came back around the grass field and over to the track where they had to make a sharp turn onto the track, around once and then up in the grass and around the course 3x. Padilla has no vision and cannot organize races and I wish they would stop having him do it. He picks the worst course he can find. I know he ran but that doesn't make him an event planner.
2 comments:
The worst $th of July race in Provo was the year Doug Padilla planned it. They got so many complaints they sent out an e-mail telling everyone to stop e-mailing them. He should try running the course after he plans it. After all, as you said, he was a runner.
That's supposed to say 4th of July.
Post a Comment