

On the 13th I was helping Michael paint at my parents when a foreign (unknown) car pulled up. I of course made my mom answer the door and it was her cousins from Germany, Rolf & Sabine. I haven't gotten the picture off Michael's camera. They are from the former East Germany. They visited us the last time they were in America and their daughter also stopped by with her husband a few years ago. They were married on the Star Trek ship in Vegas, which I thought hilarious. Nothing like dressing up as an alien and getting married.
My mom asked me if I would cook dinner. I love entertaining although not a great cook (Kirsten, no comments about my waffles) but I kept it simple and with a little prayer everything turned out great. My mom had purchased some beautiful steaks at Sam's Club which I grilled and made some roasted red potatoes and roasted asparagus and a salad. You have to try this salad. It is one of my favorites. I got it from Barefoot Contessa. It was a big hit. Even Tyler eats it and he doesn't like salad. Try it - http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/red-lettuce-with-balsamic-onions-recipe/index.html.
I do a lot of entertaining at work but usually call a caterer or work with a hotel. The pictures are from an event we did with a caterer a few years ago. I love working with them because I always get some great ideas. Now I just need some time and a food processor. I saw Tyler Florence make the Ultimate Texas Chili last night but need a processor to make it. Finally thought of something I want for Christmas.
For our recognition event this year I did the food myself. We made pulled pork which was really easy. I had to plan on 250 guests and people kept asking me if I was stressed. I usually don't get stressed. I have learned that it is all in the planning but a lot of work.
1 comment:
I still need to try that salad and if I get to the chili anytime soon I will let you know how it turned out. You can always come visit and use my food processor.
Post a Comment