
We purchased my mom a new kitchen table set and bar stools. My father had built the old table with benches when we were children. We had it for over 30 years. I can't express how much I disliked those benches. Well, my mom has always wanted a white kitchen. The cabinets are white, appliances are white, counter-tops white. She decided to have my father paint the table and benches white. Well, he of course ruined it. He put some kind of sealer on it and it turned the table yellow. I was looking at JCP.com one day and saw this table set that I really liked and thought would look good in her kitchen. It was aptly called "Sanders Cove." I loved the black and asked Michael what he thought. He liked it too so we decided to just do it. We didn't tell Mutter. JCP called to make sure someone was home when they delivered it and Mutter just told them to put it on the porch. She thought it was just a small box. She had no idea it was a kitchen set. David had to go home and let them in. She was really surprised but a little concerned and didn't think she would like it since it wasn't white. David and I put it together one evening and she loves it. I can't believe what a difference it makes. She can't stop talking about it. I had just gotten out of a six week class at church about not going into debt, but it was so worth it for this.
No comments:
Post a Comment