Monday, July 27, 2009

Herb Garden




I planted my herb garden on Saturday. I planted some mint, parsley, basil, thyme, and rosemary. I couldn't find any cilantro. I went down to Home Depot to see what I could put on it for the bugs because they have been eating the veggie planter and the guy sold me some powder stuff to sprinkle on. I went over on Sunday and by the evening the mint had fallen over from the heat. I watered everything and hopefully it revived itself. I am going over again today. Wow, probably cheaper just to buy the herbs at the store. I found most of them at the Sunflower Market and they aren't even that expensive. Oh well, see how it goes. I like Barbara's comment of bringing them in in a pot during the winter. I'll have to see. I have a hard time with plants in the house. I equate plants with bugs and don't want any inside. I know its crazy but its a mental thing and I just see bugs when I see plants.

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

i would love to do an herb garden. I'm thinking fall for Texas! Keep us posted on how yours goes.

Barb said...

Be PATIENT... after all you planted in the middle of the Dog Days of Summer...

Samantha said...

wow heidi! the herb garden looks great! i hope every thing turns out good!