
I purchased some fresh pineapple last week and got a recipe off FoodNetwork, Tyler Florence, for grilling and thought I would grill that and some steak. We also roasted corn in the oven (also Tyler Florence although I didn't make the dressing). I love roasting potatoes and vegetables. So easy especially the corn. I decided to do it on Saturday and invited the family over. It turned out so yummy. Even the steak was great. I think I am turning out to be a good cook. I love my new stove grill although a pain to clean. The sugar, butter and spices of course bubbled up and turned black. Would have made a great sauce so maybe next time I will grill the pineapple and just cook the spices in a pan and pour it on top. One day when I have time - ha,ha - I want to try baking. I can never get anything to come out of the pan, and yes I grease and flour it. That's the first thing everyone says but seriously, I cannot get cakes out of the pan. I think it is an altitude problem. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.
I am trying to eat more fruits and vegetables so am making a salad every day at work. Some days it is not satisfying and I would love a hamburger and fries but I am hoping to have more energy and feel better. Of course losing weight is always a bonus. So I went to the Sunflower market on state street and love it! If you live in Utah County you should give it a try. They have the nicest produce I have seen and some really great deals. I was able to get raspberries for my salad for $.88. They also have a large variety of organic produce if that is something you are interested in. Outside they have a lot of potted herbs. When my mom gets all the garden boxes filled I want to plant an herb garden.
1 comment:
samantha always thought your canned soup was the best!
Post a Comment