Monday, June 15, 2009

Walking Provo Canyson

Linda (a friend from work) and I are training to walk the Provo 1/2 marathon in August. We did it last year in 3.20 hours. I realized last week that the 1/2 is only two months away so we have decided to up our mileage and begin walking in the canyon. We decided to start on Thursday. I walked out of my door and it was pouring rain so I called Linda and we decided to go anyway as the weather over the canyon didn't look too bad. That is why I like going with Linda. I would have used the weather as an excuse to stay home. I need someone to force me to do things. We got a little wet on the way up but not too bad. Even worse than the rain were the bugs. They kept pestering me or I just was able to see them better. It's like spiders. There can't be a spider in the house without me seeing it. We walked up to Bridal Veil and back and it was really enjoyable. I don't know anywhere that has a better trail than Provo Canyon. Unfortunately we talk the entire time and don't focus on what we are doing so we always go slow.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

i love provo canyon and i love the provo 1/2. it's 100 degrees here with no rain in sight! That's why i go at 6:00 AM