Monday, June 8, 2009

Ty Still Sick

Tyler starting running a fever again yesterday and got up to 102.6. He of course stayed home from church was miserable all day. We finally managed to get it down to under 100 and went for a drive up Provo Canyon last night so he could get out. We were amazed by the new road, the amount of water, and the amount of new construction up the canyon. I couldn't believe how many people are building up there. It is no longer what is was.

Well, this morning Tyler work up and he was back to over 102 degrees so I decided to take him in to see the doctor and managed to get an appointment. Yea, it was the typical. Immediately did a strep test. I knew he didn't have strep but hey, I didn't spend eight years in medical school so what do I know. The test of course came back negative and so it is a virus - you know, the term that gets used when they have no idea what it is.

It is not a virus. That is why I hesitated and didn't take him in two weeks ago when he had the same symptoms and was up to 103 degrees. There is something wrong which his body is reacting to. I think I am going to have to figure this out on my own as the medical profession will never figure it out.

Now Tyler is stuck at home all day again missing out on all the summer activities.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

tell Ty we hope he feels better. Maybe it's all that yard work slave driver