Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Moroccan


I purchased a food processor and dual grill/griddle for the stove over the weekend. I have wanted both forever and finally got around to buying it. Actually, I have enough points on my credit card for a gift card to cover both.

Anyway, when Tyler was at the doctor I saw a recipe in a magazine for Moroccan Sliders, which is a cake made out of white beans. Similar to making crab cakes or anything like that. They turned out really good. Tyler was out with friends and didn't come home for dinner so he is trying them today. The only ingredient I didn't have was a spice called Harrissi (?). Not sure I would be able to find it anyway. You are supposed to mix it with mayo but I don't like mayo so ate it dry. I told Ty it would probably be good with mozzarella. This is probably the only time I will cook this week but the processor worked great and I love it. I want to make crab cakes. Barefoot Contessa has a good recipe for them.

I called him to come home by ten because I wanted to have scripture study and FHE. He reminded me that we haven't done it in forever. Nice try Ty. Doesn't mean we can't start over. He got home @ 10:15. I told him he needed to be home earlier in the evenings because we have things to get done and we need to finish his online math class. I want to try and get it done over the summer so we don't have to work on it during a busy school year. He got upset that he has a curfew in the summer and is almost eighteen. Sorry, but just because you are out of school doesn't mean you get to stay out from morning til night and play. Unfortunately, there is a lot to do and never enough time to do it. I wish I could get the summer off from school and work. And it is not a curfew. I just don't have any other time to do it and I get too tired later in the evenings.

For FHE we did a couple of YouTube messages. It was so nice & easy and I didn't have to think or plan anything myself. Tyler is going to do the message for next week from his seminary notes.

No comments: