Tuesday, October 14, 2008

No Enlarged Heart

Well Tyler doesn't have a big heart after all. He has been having a lot of chest pains and hasn't been able to exercise for the last week under doctor's orders. The pain has been going on for several months. The first visit to the doctor about it didn't net any results. I don't think the doctor thought it was a big deal. After the second visit the doctor thought his heart might be enlarged and ordered an echocardiogram. I got a call yesterday and test results were normal, thank goodness. The female from the Dr.'s office who called said to have him keep taking Tylenol and if doesn't go away to schedule another appointment. You have to love the medical profession! Wait and see approach to pain and illness. Why would it just go away when they haven't done anything?

Last night Tyler got sick again and claimed it was spreading to his mid back. He was also running a fever which seems to happen when he has an attack. I'm really glad it was not an enlarged heart but now it is a guessing game to figure out what is wrong. I need to call our insurance and see if I need a referral for him to see a cardiologist and try and bypass the family doctor.

No comments: