Friday, August 27, 2010

Thursday, 8-26

First day alone. Typical morning, dragged myself to work and got caught up on school stuff (luckily no papers this week). Stopped by Barnes & Noble on my way home and had new shipment in of Mockingjay. Decided I had better stop by Home Depot and get a new washing machine. Must have be inspiration as I met Michael in the parking lot. He helped me pick out a new machine. The sales guy was really nice and told us about an LG that was not on the floor for a great price (including $225 in rebates) and then spent 10 minutes helping us fill out the rebate forms. Would take @ 1 hour on your own). Because it was such a great deal Michael purchased a new one for Mutti. I then had to rush to my HOA board meeting, which went well and then stopped by the family history center to explain to Michael (had to leave early) how to complete the rebates. We went and got some dinner at Panda and then Mutti showed up so we sat and talked for a while. Yes, this is leading towards something..I then went home and vegged in front on the tv for a while and was just getting up @ 9:15 p.m. to go to bed and start reading my book when my phone rings. I answer it as I do not recognize the number it is Tyler's MTC Branch President informing me that Tyler has no bedding and if we could bring some down. I assured him we would bring it down immediately and not wait another night. Apparently he slept on a mattress with no bedding the first night (horrors!). I called Michael because it was in the back of his trunk. He is going to mail send it UPS for me to New Jersey. He came right down with Mutti and we drove down to Provo. We get to the MTC and go to the front desk to drop it off and they look at us like we are crazy and proceed to inform us that the MTC does provide bedding and all that is needed is a call to Housekeeping. I ask them if they can do it that night so he does not go another night without bedding. I then call his Branch President back and request that he please follow-through. We were in shock the entire way home and cannot believe that nobody did anything the first night. I received a call this morning from his Branch President to assure me Tyler now has bedding. What a start - at least he already has a story to tell. I didn't get home until @ 10:00 p.m. which did not give me any time to start my book other than to read the end. I'm good with the ending so can't wait to start reading.

2 comments:

Stephen and Debbie said...

So funny! Poor Tyler! Glad he has bedding now! I also loved how you read the end of the book first! So hilarious!

Barb said...

Reading this reminded me of when my son moved out of the house. It was lonely and I did a lot of cleaning out, then I had to decide "what do I want to do for ME?" I had always lived my life for my son and I didn't know how to live for me. It was a BIG change. Take some Heidi time NOW. Glad to read he is doing well, don't worry - he'll be fine, he has a host of angels watching over him.