Wednesday, April 8, 2009

South German Mission Reunion







My father had his mission reunion on Friday night and asked if I would attend with him. He served in the South German Mission. One of the towns in which he served was Reutlingen, Germany, which is where he met my grandmother. He even has pictures of her at the time in his mission journal. My mother at the time was living in Stuttgart. My parents later met again in Utah after my mother had immigrated and the rest is as they say history. The South German Mission was later divided into the Munich Mission and the Frankfurt Mission, which is where I served. He didn't recognize a lot of the people as the group was comprised of three mission presidents. They had everyone's pictures posted from the mission office. We forgot to grab his which is unfortunate. Hopefully they do not throw them away and he can get it next time. The reunion was nice but too long. A group of them are putting together a website in German titled the Encyclopedia of Mormonism. They have translated over 400 articles. Interesting but not worth listening to for over an hour. Then they had the President of the European Mission speak. The reunion went from 6:30 - 9:30 p.m. I had a cold and the last hour was really difficult.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

well i hope you had a good time. If they ever do one again i may tag along. I hope your cold didnt get bad.