Oma's Funeral
Siblings (David, Kirsten, Kristina, Michael, Heidi
Familyand three years after I was born


Oma passed away two years ago on my birthday (yesterday). She arrived from Germany on the day I was born and I guess decided it was a good date as it was when she passed away as well. It does make it easy for me to remember the date. We stopped by the cemetary yesterday. It was a cold a dreary day even snowing - in April - Crazy weather. We had her body cremated and shipped over, which has been really nice. We were able to do a marker for her and my grandfather as his marker in Germany has been dissolved. I do have pictures of it though. Now we do not have to worry about Oma's marker being dissolved and Michael is there every week taking care of her, which she would love. He is the only person I know who carries around a shovel and broom in his car to take care of the grave sites of friends and family. He is extremely close to those who have moved on.

1 comment:
I Think Oma has the nicest marker in the cemetery. Our mother has excellant taste. I am grateful to have her here with us. It is nice being able to look after her grave as it would have been left all alone in Germany. I know it is a comforter for mutter too, to have her mother close.
Post a Comment