Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Cross Country Awards Dinner




Last night was the Cross Country Awards dinner at Mountain View. All players were given an assignment to bring something. All I can say is too many green salad. They served lasagne with it which isn't my favorite. I have never cared for tomato sauce or ranch dressing. Oh well, it wasn't about the food and we didn't starve. The cross crountry team came in second at state and had a pretty good year. Tyler received a participation award as he wasn't able to run most of the season. He is going to start up in January with lacrosse and track and we will see how it goes. I am hoping the time off from not exercising has allowed his body to heal and he will no longer have chest pains, epecially since they couldn't find what was wrong. He has decided that next year he wants to focus on doing triathlons again and so is going to start swimming again in the summer on the local team and then swim high school. Swimming is great for his training. He was able to run the St. George marathon a few years ago solely from swimming. The doctor said his lungs are big so he should be a great athlete. Plus, it is nice he can drive himself to the pool in the morning.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Yay Tyler!! I hear you about those mornings. Yuck!