




I invited my mom to a weekend getaway in Salt Lake over the weekend. We were going to go for two nights but just didn't have enough time. We drove up on Saturday and checked in to the hotel and went shopping at the Gateway. We then went back to the hotel and rested for a couple of hours. We were on the 15th floor and a group of teenagers had checked in. Let's just say they acted like typical teens running, screaming and yelling down the hall with no adult supervision in sight. I did go out and yell at them once but in typical fashion they just ignored it. The purpose of our visit was for my mom to relax and recover after getting out of the hospital on Thanksgiving. Luckily she was able to tune the kids out. At about 2:00 a.m. they were singing Brittney Spears. I couldn't tune them out but what can you do.
That evening we walked around Temple Square and down to Siegfrieds for a German dinner and some treats. If you have never had Lebkuchen you have to try it. Plus they make the best sauerkraut there. Better than any we have had in Germany although not much comparison with Tante Magda's. She and Werner apparently stomped on it with their bare feet. Glad I missed that visit. We drove back Sunday through Park City and Midway. It was a fun getaway.
That evening we walked around Temple Square and down to Siegfrieds for a German dinner and some treats. If you have never had Lebkuchen you have to try it. Plus they make the best sauerkraut there. Better than any we have had in Germany although not much comparison with Tante Magda's. She and Werner apparently stomped on it with their bare feet. Glad I missed that visit. We drove back Sunday through Park City and Midway. It was a fun getaway.
No comments:
Post a Comment