Monday, December 1, 2008
Thanksgiving
I called my mom on Tuesday. She hasn't been feeling well since April and I had invited her for a weekend getaway and wanted to check with her about hotels. It was a good thing I called. She was on her way to the doctor's office. The doctor had told her she could come in to see him or go to the emergency room. She doesn't like the staff at the emergency room so was going to see the doctor. I made her wait for me to drive her even though she didn't think she could wait that long but she was going to drive - CRAZY! At any rate the doctor had her admitted to ICU. This is the third time this year she has been admitted largely because of her blood pressure which has been too high and this time too high for three weeks and medication was not bringing it down. I spent Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday morning at the hospital. They were able to bring her blood pressure down but still do not know why she is so sick. They ran all kinds of tests but nothing. They released on her on Thanksgiving. Michael met me at the hospital so I could leave to cook dinner. We didn't eat until @ 3:30 and had a nice meal. Mutti was even able to eat a little which was good because she hadn't been able to eat for days. We didn't take any pictures. Ty and I left shortly thereafter as we were all working the next morning and had to get up at 3:00 a.m. Not the most relaxing Thanksgiving but we got through it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment