Friday, September 9, 2011

Day of Caring cont.




I helped out mostly with the map of the U.S. and the State of Utah but late in the painting as I was too busy directing. But someone came up with the idea of painting a "Y" in the state of Utah for Brigham Young University. If you do not live in Utah there is a huge rivalry between BYU and the University of Utah. I thought it was funny but while I was talking to the group painting the snail a guy approached asking who was in charge. I informed him I was and he let me have it about the "Y" because he is a Utah fan. It took me a while to figure out he was kidding, at least I think he was. After he stopped yelling at me I discovered that he was the 5th/6th grade teacher. For a minute there I was stumped regarding what to say to him. But all the kids loved it - of course, it is Utah County not SLC.
Four square was another one we painted a lot, which I have never heard of but is apparently a big deal and battles are fought over it. Plus a couple of kick-ball fields, which I thought were a little small. I rocked at kick-ball as a child and would have kicked it way out of that little square.

1 comment:

JW said...

WHAT??? You've never heard of 4 square??? Oh my Heidi you must have had a sheltered childhood! haha...just kidding! But seriously that is weird that you have never heard of it!