Sunday, September 25, 2011

Creative

I am usually not the type of cook to be creative in the kithen. I more the kind of cook who follows a recipe. But we had a ton of tomatoes from the garden that needed to be eaten. So I roasted them with an onion and decided to make a salad with them. While they were cooking I had the idea to cook some spaghetti noodles and make a teriyaki noodle salad. The real experimentation came with the dressing as I used rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, brown mustard, sugar, garlic, and ginger. I tossed the salad with some the dressing and some fresh basil from the garden. Surprisingly it turned out to be really delicious. We all enjoyed it. Maybe after tasting success I will be more creative in my cooking. Sorry, I didn't have my camera on me so no picture.

No comments: