Tyler used to always tease me that my cooking made him sick or always say "yuck, what is that." Well last night I actually did make myself sick and am still recovering from it. In my attempt to eat less sugar and carbs I saw a chef use soy flour, which I can purchase at Winco. So I thought I would give it try. First of all, it is much stickier than regular flour and has a funny smell to it when it is wet. That should have been my first clue but I determined to persevere. Needless to say I did not eat much of the tortilla I made but enough that I was sick all night and still this morning. Tyler is right - YUCK! Never trying soy flour again. Threw the hole thing in the garbage.
Not all of my attempts have been bad. I also saw a chef make french fries out of jicama, a root vegetable that I had never tried before. I purchased a small one this last week to try and and cut them into small shoe string sizes and put some Neeley's spice blend on it that I use for the peach BBQ sauce. This actually turned out to be really good. The only thing I have to work on is getting it softer so that the fries are not still crunchy. But they were still good, even crunchy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment