On Tuesday the 12th Mutti and I checked out of our hotel in Costa Mesa and requested a cab to get to Disneyland. The hotel called an executive car company, which was nice but a little more than we had wanted to spend as we were not concerned about arriving in style. Our driver got lost but we finally made it to our hotel where we met up with Michael and David. It was @ 10:00 a.m. so we headed over to the park and got our passes. Everything was decorated for Halloween, which is our favorite holiday. We love the ambience and just walking down Main Street. We were disappointed to learn that Disney was closing at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesdays and 7:00 p.m. on Friday's for trick-or-treating, which cost $50 park entrance. There were a lot of families from Utah because of UEA. We talked to one lady who paid the extra $50 and told us it was not worth the extra money. All they got out of it was some little candy bars. We were not willing to spend an additional $100 for something we felt was part of our park hopper passes. Not happy Disney!
David and I went morning til night without a break but Mutti and Michael had to go back to the hotel in the afternoon to rest. We took lots of pictures and video of the trip. Overall it was a lot of fun and we enjoyed visiting our favorite rides and screaming "Daddy, Daddy, get me off" (inside family joke). Fortunately we all get along well with one another and are good travel companions.
We of course ate at the Blue Bayou on the 12th for Michael's birthday, Ariel's Grotto on the 13th for David's birthday, and character breakfast on Main Street on Saturday, where we stuffed ourselves. We had the characters sign a Disney postcard for Tyler and also a card for Kate. We went shopping, so much fun. My big purchase for myself was a Donney & Burke Disney purse. So cute - I will have to take a picture of it. I had my first Hunny Pot apple from Pooh Corner and purchsed one to send to Tyler, as he gets one each year. We enjoyed eating Churro's and this time ate a few times outside of the park at McDonalds and IHOP.
David was able to ride Soaring Over California thanks to Dramimine. Of course Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Small World, Peter Pan, Storybook Land, and Jungle Cruise are some of our favorites, which we rode multiple times. Michael went on Space Mountain with me. Michael, David, and I rode the Matterhorn where we screamed and laughed the entire ride. We also rode the Monorail for the first time as we discovered its location. I happened to spot it, while David and I were in line for the Matterhorn, above Nemo. We saw World of Color (received seating from Ariel's), Fantasmic (right up front), and Alladin. We didn't make it on the Tower of Terror - Next trip. Hopefully I get to go back to Costa Mesa for school next year and we can plan another trip to Disney. I will post pictures later after I download them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment