Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Stadium of Fire

I was offered on Thursday two tickets to the Stadium of Fire, which is held each year in Provo at LaVell Edwards Stadium. I went home and asked Tyler if he were interested in going and he said yes. This year's entertainer was Carrie Underwood. I think she is a cute girl but not really in to country music and so didn't know any of her songs. I called around to see if I could get a parking pass across the street at the banks office. Fred was really helpful and I stopped by Saturday morning to pick up the pass. We decided to get there early this year as last year the bank's lot was packed, despite the $20 parking fee. We walked down a block to Panda Express so Tyler could get some dinner and just talked. We met some other bank employees there and chatted with them, primarily about the book "The Hunger Games." If you haven't read it - you need to! I even had someone chat with me about it when I was down in St. George. We then walked back to our car and the lot was still practically empty. It was not a sold-out show as it was last year with the Jonas Brothers. Last year was a nightmare getting out. People didn't really start filling up the stadium until 10-15 minutes before it started. We had a good time, and of course great chair seats from the bank. Tyler took some great photos which I will have to download. The main excitement from the night was when one of the fireworks was supposed to shoot up, from the right fixture by us, into the air and went straight into the audience on the other side of us. The fly over by Hill Air Force Base was perfectly timed with the national anthem, which Underwood came out and sang. She did a great job. The other performers were great. The Five Browns performed and as long as you do not look at them you are fine. I'm sorry, but I think they are freaks and I wish Juilliard had taught them to play without the dramitics and pinched faces. It looks so unnatural. The firworks were amazing but again this year didn't really like the music played with them. I wish it was more patriotic. Tyler took some great photos which I will have to download later.

No comments: