Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Diet Update

Going really well. I have not lost 13 lbs. Only two more to get back to my normal weight. Plus, only one more week of taking the drops and then we start adding back in more veggies, protein, and fats for another three weeks to help stabilize our bodies. It hasn't been too bad and usually I'm not very hungry. There have been times when I crave sugar and want to munch on caramel chocolate popcorn, candy bars, and ice-cream. Or just shove my face into a cake or cupcake. But I resist the temptations and don't even want to go there. I know that once I give in I will not be able to stop. In the evenings I drink a licorice flavored tea, which has a sweet after taste, that I now quite enjoy. At first a little too sweet for me and strong. I am looking forward to adding in cottage cheese, cheese (so yummy), and yogurt next week. Most importantly, I feel great. Everything fits loose and I no longer have to worry about what to wear or get out my fat jeans, etc. I can also start exercising again next week and may slowly begin to start running again. I figure I have conquered this hurdle and maybe I can conquer the hurdle of starting to run. It is the start that I struggle with. Just don't want to get out of the house but once I start I love it. Michael is also doing fantastic and has lost at least 20 lbs. He looks like his old self again.

No comments: