



I had to go down to St. George a few weeks ago with work and was not looking forward to it. It was just overnight and not a lot of free time. Plus I had school and other things to do. The bank had rented a bus and even though I detest buses I was going to ride down but Mutter decided to go with me and we drove down that morning. She decided to use the time as a spiritual getaway and went to the temple while I was in meetings.
Wednesday night after my meetings we did a little shopping as I have been looking for a cute swim suit for our cruise and have not been able to find anything. I really lucked out and found exactly what I was looking for at JC Penney. I was really excited and it didn't take a lot of time.
We then had a wonderful dinner at Outback. We always share a meal as a regular meal is too big and it turned out perfect. We had stuffed shrimp with crab for an appetizer and salmon with vegetables and king crab legs for our main meal. With water to drink, not only was it delicious but also light in calories. Of course I made up for that by going to ColdStones for ice cream. Mutti was good and went with a nonfat yogurt and only one scoop. It tasted like nonfat yogurt from the store and a little sour. I got the Oreo cookie one, because I love Oreo's. I asked him not to put chocolate chips in it because I don't like to eat them dry. I don't like the texture or chocolate flavor. I only like European chocolate which thank goodness you can find in the stores. I love the Lindt w/ the wafer. So light that I don't feel guilty eating the entire bar. My favorite is Trauben/Nuss (raisin/hazelnut)from Rittersport but I can never find that one. Weird because I don't like raisins but delicious in this. Anyway, I digress. The employee asked if I wanted to add something else to it and there were strawberries sitting in front of him so I added those. He thought it a little strange and had never added that ingredient to this ice-cream but it turned out to be so yummy! My new favorite and getting it every time I go.
We wanted to go walk the trail but were unable to find it so took a long walk past the college and around the block where our hotel was located. The evening together made the entire trip perfect. Afterwards, we wished we could have stayed longer but had to get back.
No comments:
Post a Comment