

Whenever my mom needs some help around the house or in general my older brother (Michael) and I always team up to do the work. My father does not adapt to any kind of change so refused to do anything but it has always been that way so we didn't expect anything else.
My mom wanted to paint and change her bedroom to make it more open and uncluttered so Friday we took the day off from work and spent 12 hours painting her room. It was exhausting but we made some good progress along with some other painting in the kitchen and outside projects. She loves sitting outdoors and wanted to get the patio furniture out. We had some some really nice outdoor rugs at Home Depot and decided to go ahead and purchase it for her for her birthday and surprise her. She loved it and kept opening the back door to look at it.
Saturday we spent the morning at IKEA looking for a TV cabinet to organize the 3 DVD/VCR boxes my father must have along with the cable box and the DVD player in the TV. We are all organizer and love looking at all the ideas at IKEA. It is an organizers paradise and of course found a few other things that we felt we couldn't do without. We then stopped by Penney's to get her some new pots/pans with copper bottoms for her birthday and I got some ceramic mixing bowls I have been eyeing for a while. With Michael's discount I ended up getting the mixing bowls for free.
We went back and Michael finished painting and putting things back together while I started putting the cabinet together. We spent another 12 hours working but it is such a satisfying feeling seeing my mom so happy.
She has always sacrificed a lot for her children and I am glad that I live close by and can help her out now that she has gotten older. Michael is always there to support us and it is great that he and I can share these memories of doing things for her.
No comments:
Post a Comment