Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Smoothies

Tyler loves smoothies and someone from work gave me a list of recipes I thought I would share. I think we are going to try one Monday for Family Home Evening.

Mango -A-Go-Go Caribbean Passion
1 cup passion fruit/mango juice 12 oz. passion fruit juice
1 cup pineapple sherbet 2 scoops orange sherbet
1 1/2 cups frozen mango 1 cup strawberries
1/2 cup of crushed ice 1/2 cup peaches
Crushed ice to taste and consistency

Banana Berry Smoothie Orange-A-Peel
1/2 cup apple juice 12 oz. fresh squeezed orange juice
3/4 cup strawberry nectar 8 strawberries
1 cup frozen blueberries 3/4 banana
1 banana 2 sccops nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt (consistency)
1 scoop of rasperry sherbet 1/2 cup crushed ice
1 scoop fat-free vanilla frozen yogurt
1 cup of crushed ice

Strawberrberries Wild Razzma Tazz
2 scoops strawberries (@10) 1 cup raspberry juice
1 banana 1 cup sliced strawberries
2 scoops frozen yogurt 1/2 banana
1 scoop of crushed ice 2 cups raspberry sherbet
8 0z. apple juice 1 1/2 cup ice

Peach Pleasure Citrus Squeeze
2 scoops peaches 1 1/2 cups FRESH orange juice
1 banana 2/3 cup frozen whole strawberries
2 scoops frozen yogurt 1 banana
1 scoop of crushed ice 2 scoops nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt
8 0z. orange juice or V-8 tropical splash 1 cup ice

Cranberry Craze
12 oz cranberry juice1 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
1 cup frozen blueberries to blend.
1 large scoop raspberry sherbet
1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
1/2 cup crushed ice

It didn't post how I typed it so I just bolded the 2nd recipe. Sorry. Direction: slice fruit before blending and recommends purchasing a small bag of crushed ice ($1) at Sonic which is smaller than the crushed ice you get at the store and blends better.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Yum im going to have to try those