I got a call from the Red Cross last Friday asking if I would donate at Zions Banks blood drive on Monday. They call me every time to donate and I always do but not once has Zions reciprocated when I have asked them to donate at my blood drive. Not only that, but they keep trying to kill me down there. I have decided I am not going back. Last time I donated down there I got really sick that night and passed out. I haven't donated since because it really freaked me out. Monday I was just barely able to donate because of my iron count. It had to be something .5 and I was .6. So the girl sticks me with the needle, which is what it is. But it kept hurting and it hurt when I tried to pump the ball. She had me just flex and unflex my fingers instead which still hurt but not as bad. Well then I kept hearing a beeping sound and my blood flow had dropped to a three. She had her supervisor come over and she pushed down on the needle. Needless to say I managed to get back up to a four but kept dropping back down and it hurt the entire time. Now I have a huge bruise on my arm and my arm still is hurting three days later.
Tyler has been home sick the last three days. On Tuesday he wasn't feeling well and felt like he was running a fever. He of course didn't eat anything and hasn't eaten since. He's probably lost 10 pounds. Tuesday night he came into my room @ 2:00 a.m. At 2:30 I went over to my parents and got some Ginger Ale. He didn't sleep much. After a couple of hours he went into the library and watched T.V. Yesterday I went home from work early because he still wasn't feeling well. He was really warm and around 3:00 p.m. I ran to the store to get a themometer. He was @ 102 degrees. I got a text from him at school last night saying he was up to 103 so I left early. He took some Advil and when I got home it had dropped back down to just over 100. This morning he is @ 100 so hopefully a sign he is getting better. He has EFY on June 1st so I'm glad he got sick now and not in a week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment