Thursday, February 5, 2009

4th Grade cont.

I just realized that Mrs. Poole was in the photo. I didn't see her the first 10 times I looked at it. She was my fourth grade teacher. I don't really remember the black lady standing next to her other than she looks familiar. The other adult on the left was an aid, I think. What I remember about her is that she smoked and taught us about the harmful effects of smoking in Health class. I thought at the time it was very hypocritical. At any rate, it was taught when I was young that it was unhealthy so people who claim they never knew were either lying or stupid.
Couple of other memories - Our school was really small so fourth grade was in a seperate one room building which was always used for the Haunted House at Halloween. I was deathly afraid of the Haunted House as a child. I went in it one year because my father was one of the characters that year and realized it was nothing. I also remember in 4th grade that somebody in the class had done something and we couldn't go to recess until the person confessed. Well nobody confessed and we finally had to lay our heads down and close our eyes and the person who had committed the offense had to raise their hand. It took a while but we finally were able to go outside. I also remember sitting in a circle and we had to tell everyone our middle name. I never liked my middle name so I can't remember if I said it or not. It is not such a big deal anymore and I will tell you that it is Farelyn (named after a friend of my parents) before Kirsten blogs it in capital letters. She always calls me by my middle name. I also just remembered that we used to always take turns saying a prayer before going to lunch. I always liked it because everyone said a memorized prayer and I didn't. Of course we had the best school lunches, especially the rolls. I can still smell them.

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

FARELYN, you know me so well. I think it is so funny that you remember some of those things. J. Paul Beam Rocks!!!

Kirsten said...

That's not miss Camp or Goforth is it?