Tyler doubled with a friend on Saturday for the school's Sweethearts Dance. I didn't get any photos because I had left my camera at work. I got a little on video before Tyler made me turn it off. Tyler cannot drive anyone until I think April so his friend's mom drove them. They had decided to play laser tag earlier in the day and get ice-cream. They were going to go to the Olive Garden for dinner but learned the Oliver Garden does not accept reservations on the weekends and if you have ever been there is always a long wait. I told him to just come over and I would make dinner. I took Friday off work so I could go to the temple and then went shopping. I had seen earlier in the week Rachel Ray make a bacon wrapped blue cheese stuffed chicken. Our internet was down so I wasn't able to pull the recipe but called Michael and my mom to come over and let me test it on them. It turned out really good. I had actually called Michael over to help me hang some curtains I had purchased. We ended up needed an additional curtain rod so headed down to Penny's where I got a new tablecloth and runner, napkins and napkin rings, new blinds and a curtain rod. It was @ 10 p.m. by the time we got home and I was exhausted. Michael came over the next day to finish hanging the curtains. I finished cleaning and we made a few trips to Home Depot. The curtains turned out great as did the bathroom fixtures that Michael got me 2-3 years ago but we never got around to putting them up. I then began setting the table and preparing the meal. I got out all my silver and I think everything turned out nice especially the food. I was nervous but it all went well. I made a salad (You have to try it. Everyone always raves about it when I serve it), stuffed chicken with gravy, roasted red potatoes and roasted asparagus. I purchased a cheesecake for dessert and they had sparkling cider. I had the meal ready and the kitchen cleaned by the time they came over and turned on Vilvadi's Four Seasons. They seemed to have a good time although they loaded the dishwasher. I kept trying to get them to stop but oh well. I would have done the same thing. After they left I unloaded the dishwasher and washed and put everything away. I never use the dishwasher. Don't like it. It was a long day but Tyler had fun. I will have to post his pictures from school.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/bacon-wrapped-blue-cheese-stuffed-chicken-green-beans-and-smashed-potatoes-with-green-onions-recipe/index.html
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/red-lettuce-with-balsamic-onions-recipe/index.html
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment