Tyler has been feeling sick again the last few weeks. He was having chest pains again so we went back to the doctor. I had tried to schedule him an appointment with Dr. Bingham, the family's cardiologist but he only accepts patients who are over 18. So back to the family doctor we went.
I also went in because I have been having a lot of headaches since Disneyland. I was told that my migraines are expanding and changing although he sent me to radiology for a CAT scan of my head which came back normal. I was also told that my blood pressure is too low and to drink more water. When I informed him that water is mostly all I ever drink he said to add more salt to my diet. Here is the story about salt. My mom never salted anything when we were growing up and I wasn't allowed to eat salt because of gymnastics. One of the reasons my mom didn't salt food was because my dad over salts his food. I was also told to drink diet soda. Yea, just told him that wasn't going to happen. I rarely drink anything other than an occasional ginger ale so that wasn't going to happen. Next told to drink sports drinks. Now I am trying to eat salt and drink sports drinks. I never realized how salty sports drink taste until I started eating more salt.
They still have no idea what is wrong with Tyler and want to schedule him with a cardiologist. He also had a CAT scan done but with an IV (Surprise! Nobody told him till he got back there) because they wanted to see fluid being pumped through his heart. We are waiting to here about his next dr.'s appointment.
The end result - I mentioned to Tyler that I thought he should quit track. He is barely able to train and hasn't done much since October. He also said he thought he should quit lacrosse. I called the school and took him out of track. They gave him early release as it was too late to put him in another class. I also contacted lacrosse and cancelled. He is going to focus on ballroom. It's really sad. At 14 he ran the St. George Marathon and at 17 can't run a mile. Hopefully they find out soon what the problem is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment