Samantha and Scott had a swim meet on January 24th at Skyline High School. I remember going there for Kirsten's swim meets and don't like the pool. It is really small but at least they do not pitch a fit about everyone sitting on the deck. There is no where else to sit. Amy was unable to swim because she had broken both wrists, which was a shame. I wanted to see my "Sweet Mim" swim. The morning went by really quickly, which if you have ever been to a swim meet you know that is not typical. The boring part was waiting two hours for Samanatha's last event. She kept telling me she was willing to sacrifice and scratch and we could just go to Red Lobster. I was somewhat tempted but was afraid of the wrath of Kirsten.
It was so fun to see Scott swim. He was the youngest by four years swimming. He has just started and swam the 100 free. He is a true Sanders. I know a lot of adults who can't swim 25 yds. and Scott is only five. He almost missed the event but luckily Kirsten got Marshall's attention and Marshall rushed him up to the blocks. Amy was at first embarrassed that he was her brother because he was so slow but she soon changed her mind when the entire place started cheering for him. I heard some girl come up behind me and say "I'm going to cheer for this little kid. He is so cute!" That's why we call him "So Cute." Even strangers concur. It was funny. He would paddle for a second and then do a few strokes. While paddling he would grin the entire time. He didn't stop but just kept going.
Samantha did really well. She has beautiful strokes and is fun to watch. The last event was the best. She was swimming the 200 free and was in second the entire time until the last 50. The girl in the lead lost count and stopped at the wall. Samantha stopped before the wall and had this confused look on her face. I think she knew she still had two laps but was wondering if she had miscounted or what was going on. Anyway, they stopped and looked at each other for a few seconds and then Samantha just did her flip turn and continued and won. Thank goodness she didn't stop or she would have been facing the wrath of Kirsten. I have to say, it is hard to remember because you start thinking about other things and then questioning your counting. I can't keep track either.
Amy's crystal with her picture in it and the word's "spoiled wrotten" came from Disneyland. It turned out really nice. We may have to go in together and do the one of the mouse ears. It is really nice but $300.
1 comment:
You mentioned "the wrath of Kirsten" twice. Nice to know I inspire such fear in people. Lest you forget, you swam at that pool too. That was where Marnie Wahlquist's dad called you on a false start for the 50 free and that was why you didn't get to swim it at state. ...I'm glad I beat her all those years. Maybe he should've been nicer.
Post a Comment