Thursday, November 13, 2008

Disney On Ice








Last night was our annual trip to the Delta Center to see Disney on Ice, being the Disney freaks that we are. We go every year and have a great time. My mom was planning on going but wasn't feeling well since her surgery on Monday. She went in on Monday @ 11:00 for same day surgery which was to take @ 45 minutes. Michael took her in and they didn't get home until after 10 p.m. The geniuses at the hospital sent her home even though she was still bleeding and her blood pressure was too high. They left the catheter in, didn't schedule a follow-up with the doctor and told her just to come back if she didn't stop bleeding. As a matter of fact the surgeon didn't even visit with her after the surgery. The medical profession simply does not care. Enough about that...Her blood pressure was still too high and she wasn't well enough to go.

We were in the suite again which works out perfect for Kate's wheelchair. We only wish Samantha, Amy and Scott could have come because they would have loved it. The show focused on the princesses and the traditional Mickey Mouse characters. We even got to sing the original Mickey Mouse club song...You know, "Who's the leader of the club........" Michael and I still remembered all the words. The costumes were beautiful. It was a fun night.
My camera batteries died after the first four pictures. I kept turning it off and on and managed to take more pictures but they all didn't come out. David is counting down the days til New Years we we go for our annual trip to Disneyland. I believe it is 45 days.

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

I don't know that I would be bragging about knowing all the words to Mickey Mouse Club. Looks like fun though. Wish we could have been there, but what's Disney compared to Idaho Falls?

Leslie said...

What a blast! One of these days I'm going to have to crash the party and go, too. We love Disney here and I'm not too ashamed to admit I know the original words to the club song, too. (though maybe that's from watching reruns? ha ha) Anyway, have a great time when you go to Disneyland next month - it's such a blast no matter the age!!!