Monday, December 6, 2010
Orem Rec
I joined the Orem Rec Center on December 1st, along with my mom. We have gone every day to workout. By day three I ran 21 minutes on the treadmill. After about 12 minutes I started increasing my speed every minute. I was so surprised at how quickly I was able to get back into running. We are also doing water aerobics, which is a fantastic workout. Saturday, they had a water class, which was more of a dry land dance class; didn't work well in water. Plus, it was Latin dancing. Really no resistance in the water. So we swam laps instead. I helped my mom with her free-style, a stroke she did not learn as a child. She did really well. The next step will be getting her used to a cap and goggles. Of course, I am loving the steam room. It is nice to have someone to go with me and it has thus far worked out well. We are planning on running the 1/2 marathon next year. And I have gotten down to my old weight, which of course I'm really excited about. Still trying to not eat sugar during the week and low carbs. My one indulgence is Cocoa Pebbles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment