Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Weight

My clothes are not fitting as well as I would like. Basically my goal has been to drop a size but I always have a difficult time dropping pounds. My weight stays pretty consistent within a five plus or minus range (okay, usually plus). One of my biggest weaknesses is snacking. I was eating a Trio bar every morning, which is a really good nut bar but looked at the packaging last week and discovered that it has 16g of fat in it. Step 1 - stop eating Trio bars. Step 2 is to stop eating garbage and eat healthier snacks. I still have a junk drawer at home with cookies and chocolate in it, ice-cream in the freezer, and chips but have gone two days without any sugar or unhealthy snacking. I haven't even craved the sugar and when I feel hungry I eat a healthy snack. I am not cutting out carbs because I simply cannot do that. It always makes me a little crazy and I crave sugar. Day 3 still have not had any sugar and am doing fine. I have an apple, yogurt, and can pop fat-free popcorn if I get hungry between a meal. My goal is to lose 2 pounds this week and 2 pounds next week before our cruise, which is realistic for me. I even have a one pound bag of Peanut M&Ms in the closet at work and have not touched them.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Zonya said to cure your sugar cravings, just eat a fruit and drink a glass of water every 4 hours, GUARANTEED to work. She's a registered dietician on KBYU. Very interesting show, I love to watch her on Saturday mornings. I completely stopped eating donuts, (cold turkey), after she showed how much sugar and fat was in just one donut, and that was over a year ago.