Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day




Saturday Michael and I spent the entire morning shopping and going to breakfast. We haven't done it in a long time. Michael had to drop David off at Penney's to work so we headed over to Mimi's Cafe for breakfast. I got a new outfit for the cruise. It was fun but I was really tired and had a hard time to keep going. We picked David up @ 2:00 and then went over to In & Out for lunch. It was mine and David's first visit. We had to sit outside, which was so windy it kept blowing everything away. The hamburgers were good but not anything better than what I have eaten elsewhere. Certainly not worth standing in a long line for.
We had decided to build Mutti a fire pit area and get her a new larger pit for mother's day. We had to wait to use the truck so were unable to get down to Home Depot until late in the evening. We got it built and put together @ 10:00 p.m. Mutti was really excited about it and almost started crying. We are going to redo it and dig out the rocks and set down to flat slabs so that it is more even. Unfortunately, this week the weather is supposed to be snowy and rainy but hopefully soon we can enjoy it.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

What a great gift for your mom! She is such a wonderful lady and has always been so kind whenever I've been near her. And what a fun day for you and Michael. Your cruise is going to be so fun!!!