Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Homecoming
Saturday was also Homecoming. Tyler and his friend decided to have their dates over and for me to cook again. After the tournament I stopped by the Flower Basket and the market for a few additional items. I then raced home and tried to get everything ready. It all took longer than expected and I was a little late with the food and didn't get to take any pictures or video. I made shrimp lettuce wraps, which were really good but hot. I forgot to wear gloves again while cutting up the Serano peppers and my fingers burned all night. I then made caprese with fresh basil from my garden. Grilled steak on the stove and smoked everyone out. Red mashed potatoes with fresh rosemary and chives from my garden and roasted carrots. I made a dessert I saw last week on Rachel Ray which I thought was really good. I crushed butter cookies and put fresh raspberries on top. Then you make a mousse out of whipping cream and Nutella. I thought it was yummy. I didn't try the steak but Tyler said it was really good and loved the entire meal. Needless to say I was so exhaustd afterwards that I slept in on Sunday until 5:00 p.m. Sure sign that I am getting old.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That sounds really good. Wish i could have tried it.
Isn't it wonderful to be able to gather fresh herbs from your own garden !! Just think, next year you can gather fresh veggies and fresh herbs for cooking. Sounds like everything was YUMMY.
That was such a great day taking to medals at the taekwondo tournament and then going to the dance. nothing can be better!
Post a Comment