I met a family from Austria through Kiwanis. He is visiting as a mathematics professor at BYU and is a member of Kiwanis in Austria. I was talking to him one night in German after a banquet we had and offered him a ride home (was taking the bus) and met his wife and kids. A really cute family. I told them I would have to have them over at my parents have make smores. The kids were really excited about it. I had to plan it a couple of weeks ago because it was going to be one of the last nice evenings. We settled on a Friday so the kids would not have to be home early to go to bed for school. To be honest I almost didn't want to do it because I had a huge school project and a lunch appointment that day and so worried about getting everything done. But I'm so glad I did. I also invited Kia and her husband and daughter. Kia is a friend from Germany and her husband served in Austria and is from Norway. We also invited Sister Rucka, who is a family friend. It was the best evening and everybody had a great time. Every time I see someone they still comment about that night. The kids were not so fond of smores but love the marshmallows. Peter, the younger one (@ 4 yrs. old) didn't talk much but stood by my mom and made her marshmallows all night long. She was so sick of eating them but didn't want to disappoint them. They also love cooking hot dogs over the fire and ate them right off the stick. Sad that fall is over and we cannot do more evenings outside.
Thursday, October 27, 2011
BBQ
I met a family from Austria through Kiwanis. He is visiting as a mathematics professor at BYU and is a member of Kiwanis in Austria. I was talking to him one night in German after a banquet we had and offered him a ride home (was taking the bus) and met his wife and kids. A really cute family. I told them I would have to have them over at my parents have make smores. The kids were really excited about it. I had to plan it a couple of weeks ago because it was going to be one of the last nice evenings. We settled on a Friday so the kids would not have to be home early to go to bed for school. To be honest I almost didn't want to do it because I had a huge school project and a lunch appointment that day and so worried about getting everything done. But I'm so glad I did. I also invited Kia and her husband and daughter. Kia is a friend from Germany and her husband served in Austria and is from Norway. We also invited Sister Rucka, who is a family friend. It was the best evening and everybody had a great time. Every time I see someone they still comment about that night. The kids were not so fond of smores but love the marshmallows. Peter, the younger one (@ 4 yrs. old) didn't talk much but stood by my mom and made her marshmallows all night long. She was so sick of eating them but didn't want to disappoint them. They also love cooking hot dogs over the fire and ate them right off the stick. Sad that fall is over and we cannot do more evenings outside.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment