


My Mom (Mutti/Mutter - German),
I cooked dinner on Sunday - grilled steak (best ever cooked - perfection!), jicama salad (so yummy), deviled eggs, green salad with blue cheese, roasted red potatoes, and grilled french bread. I have to say it was a great meal.
Michael and I got my mom some new running shoes (Asics - only brand for running). She was not able to wear her old new ones (probably because they were Sauconny) and gave them to me.
On Mother's Day reflected on the things my mom has done for me:
It was because of my mom that I ran my first 10K at the age of 5.
I took gymnastics until 6th grade - there was no great place in our town so in 5th grade we had to go to Rock Hill, S.C. to train. We had to leave immediately after school and didn't get home until 10:00 p.m.
Ran track and cross country plus gymnastics until 10 years old - I got first place in the Atlanta Track Classic in the long jump at 8 years old - jumped 11'1".
Played tennis throughout high school - my mom got me started.
Swim Team - yes I swam too but was not able to continue because got out of school too late
Piano lessons - I hated it as a child but appreciate it now
Moved to Utah - this was because of my mom that we moved to Utah and one of the best decisions she ever made
Lived with my grandmother in Germany during my junior year of high school
Went to college/graduated and have gone on - this is all because of my mom. She suggested that I attend Weber State University for my bachelor's
BYU Jerusalem - spent four months in Israel and got to travel to Egypt and Jordan (Thanks Mutti)
St George Marathon - my mom had always wanted to do a marathon
And much more - Everything that I am I owe to my mother who attended every sporting or arts event she could, gave me multiple opportunities all while working two jobs to support her family and gave emotional support. The best thing she ever did - She followed the counsel of the Prophet Joseph Smith and taught me correct principles and let me govern myself. I knew from the time of my baptism that I was responsible for my own choices in life and my mother allowed me to make those choices while teaching and giving me opportunities.
So this Mother's Day I thank you Mutti for everything. I could not have achieved what I have in life without your sacrifice.
1 comment:
That's a great tribute to your mother. Thanks for sharing. You are SO LUCKY to have a great mom.
Post a Comment