Friday, May 6, 2011

Garden






Spring is finally here - we hope as there has not been much of one. I took Monday and Tuesday off from work, which was wonderful. I had a lazy morning and then went to the Rec Center with Mutti. We started a new overall wellness program where you focus on your mental, spiritual, and physical health. We are both trying to learn meditation but after @ 60 seconds we both go nuts. It is hard to sit still and quiet for 10 minutes. I haven't made it yet but keep trying. We also have started lifting weights as part of our program and I am cutting out sugar from my diet - gone all week without sugar.
After the gym we worked in the garden weeding and planting. We purchased some flower baskets, strawberries, herbs, and other flowers. I got some rosemary, thyme, basil, and cilantro. I already planted from seed the marigolds, peas, peppers (hopefully they come up)and something else - can't remember. Hopefully we can get more to grow this year.

1 comment:

Barb said...

I like you little garden gnome, (cute). Your hanging baskets are cute. My peas, carrots, potatoes, etc. are finally pushing up. Hopefully spring is finally here YEA.