Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Kate Avalie Swickard Oct 25, 1999 - Nov 1, 2010

My niece, Kate passed away Monday, November 1, 2010 at 11:58 a.m. She was going to be Alice in Wonderland this year for Halloween but she began slowly declining in the last week and was unable to celebrate the holiday this year.
We are comforted by our faith that we are all children of our Heavenly Father and that she has returned home after a sinless life but one filled with a lot of personal suffering. She has earned her reward in Heaven and blessed many lives.
A viewing will be from 6-8 p.m. on Friday, November 5th at Jenkins Soffe Funeral Chapel located at 1007 W. South Jordan Pkwy, South Jordan, UT 84095. On Saturday morning an open casket will be from 9:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. and the funeral service will begin at 11:00 a.m. at the funeral home.
Kate will be buried at the Orem City Cemetary in a small ceremony for family and close friends.

3 comments:

Stephen and Debbie said...

So sorry. I sent an email to you earlier after I heard. Hope you and your family are doing OK. Isn't the Gospel amazing!?
Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Leslie said...

Heidi,
I am so sorry to hear about Kate's death. Though I didn't know her, I was often touched by the love you and your family expressed for her. I am also really thankful for the gospel and knowledge that we'll be with our family members that have passed on again. Love,
Leslie

Barb said...

My prayers are with your family at this time, that they will find comfort.