



We had a nice Easter yesterday with family. David decided he wanted to do spare ribs as he know Tyler loves them so we had that instead of the traditional Easter dinner. Saturday I had gone over to my parents and made Barefoot Contessa's lentil soup with Kielbasa. He is a great soup and very healthy. It took me a few hours to get everything cut up and cooked. It made a lot of soup so still enjoying it for lunch this week. After cooking all day on Saturday I had to be over at my parents again on Sunday to make the Easter dinner. I made two different kinds of ribs. One slab I grilled for 3 hours and made the Neeley's Peach BBQ sauce. Tyler loves peaches and we saw them make it last week on TV so thought to give it a try. Really easy to make and only takes @ 45 minutes. It is a good sauce and would be good on chicken as well. It was a little peachy because I did not have enough ketchup. I had purchased two bottles of ketchup but needed four for all my recipes. The other ribs I cooked for four hours in a roaster. They were good too but I think next time I will cook them without the sauce and cook it on the stove at the end and dump it over them. It really got watered down in the cooking process.
2 comments:
I would love to try the Barefoot Contessa's lentil soup with Kielbasa. Sound's wonderful. I love those kinds of soups. You are such an amazing woman, with all that you do and accomplish.!!
It looks like the kids had a fun time. What a good idea to use bowls instead of cups for dying eggs! My little Emily was having the hardest time getting her eggs out of the cups because their wasn't much room to squeeze the dipper in.
And those ribs sound divine! What a great idea for Easter dinner.
p.s. my girls adore their flower pots. They made it safely back to WA and they love to look at them and tend to them on their dresser.
Post a Comment