Monday, April 19, 2010

Spring Rolls






I found a recipe for Spring Rolls by Tyler Florence and decided to try them. I couldn't find the wrappers anywhere and then remembered there is a Chinese store across the street from my office. Despite knowing little about Chinese cuisine I ventured in and looked at all the shelves. They have a lot of interesting items and I want to go again another time and look more closely. I found two types of spring rolls, frozen and dry. I asked the owner which were better and she got a Thai restaurant owner, who was in the store involved, and finally decided on the frozen ones as they are better for frying. I made them Friday night and they turned out really good. They are not difficult to make just a little time consuming. I will have to try them again sometime.

No comments: