Monday, January 11, 2010

Christmas

We had an eventful Christmas this year. The weekend before Christmas Marshall got a job offer in Utah and they decided to move back so hired some helpers and loaded up their home on that day (Saturday) and Sunday began the drive from Texas to Utah. They arrived on Tuesday and were able to miss the winter storm. Christmas Eve we went Christmas shopping and I spent most of the day shopping with Marshall. They had also been looking at homes for rent and found one in American Fork. Marshall went Christmas Eve to finalize everything.
We of course had our German Christmas Eve dinner and played bingo. David kept winning every round but only was allowed to claim one prize. I helped Scott play five cards. Don't recommend it. Scott stayed the night at our house as he is allergic to Whiskers.
At 6:00 a.m. my cell phone starts ringing. Samantha and Amy were anxious for us to come over and open gifts. Ty & Scott were still asleep so I got out the video camera and got them waking up. We headed over to Grandma's and opened gifts. Sorry, no picutres and I recorded everything. Michael was really surprised to get a new laptop for school. He is starting back on the 25th and we are excited and proud of him. We know he is going to do a great job as he continues to focus on becoming a geneologist. We all received wonderful gifts and felt very blessed.
After opening gifts we made a Christmas brunch. By afternoon we all headed out to Kirsten's new home with the two Uhaul's and began unloading everything. Some of their neighbors saw the Uhaul's and came over and helped. By the end of the day we had everything unloaded. Yes - Christmas Day!
By Saturday they had the house organized and moved in. Definately a Christmas to remember. I think I like last years better when we went to Disneyland.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I was so surprised to hear that Kirsten and Marshall moved back. What a hectic December. But I'm sure it will be nice for your family to see each other much more now.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a crazy but wonderful Christmas!

Barb said...

Thanks for sharing. We didn't put up a tree,(I wasn't in the spirit), so Dave purchased a little 1 foot tall live potted tree with lights. He said I needed some Christmas spirit to compensate for all the hectic mess I've gone through at work, (what a sweetheart I'm married to).