Monday, January 11, 2010

Swimming


Tyler is done with swimming and starting a new quarter. He did really well considering he had not been swimming since jr. high. He had his last meet on Thursday (Jan. 7th) and sent me a text to remind me. They were swimming against Provo so I left work early as the high school is just down the street. If you have never been to a swim meet before let me just tell you it is boring. I got there just after they finished event 11 (which he was swimming in but didn't see him)and they then took a 20 minute break. Come on, it's high school. Then I had to listen to the people behind me talking about how great their kids are. Yea, Utah is not know for its great swimmers and I think HAST is the only club producing anyone. Tyler was swimming next in event 19. So two hours later, after watching the 10 minute 500's, the multiple heats of the 100 free, the relays, and every other event (only 22 events) event 19 came up and I watched lane 1 heat 2. After the kid got out of the water I thought it didn't look like Ty in the face but you sit up on a balcony. I left and right after and sent Ty a text telling him I would see him at home. He text me back that he was already home. I called him because I could not figure out how he got there faster than I. Yes, he was swimming at Mtn. View. I sat for two hours and watched Timpview and Lehi. I was mad. Tyler had texted me correctly but as everyone knows I suffer from selective reading. I never read the entire text and make assumptions.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

So funny (though I'd be so annoyed at myself if that happened to me) about your swim meet story. I had a good chuckle!