Friday, August 7, 2009

Moroccan White-Bean Sliders

I made these again last night because Tyler really likes them. I'm not vegetarian but I do like to have some meals which do not include meat. Usually that is pasta so this is something a little different but good.
1/2 red bell pepper, quartered
3 scallions, quartered
1/2 cup cilantro leaves
1 clove garlic, smashed
1 tsp each ground coriander and cumin
1/2 tsp each harissa (never been able to find) & salt
1 (15.5 oz.) can cannellini, rinsed, drained
3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs (I just use regular)
1 large egg
3 tbsp olive oil
8 Small (4 inch) pita breads (couldn't find any so used tortillas)
1/2 cup light-may plus 1 tbsp harrissa (made yogurt sauce instead)
Lettuce leaves and tomato slices
We usually add mozzarella cheese on top.

1. In a food processor, pulse red bell pepper, scallions, cilantro, garlic, coriander, cumin, harissa, and salt until finely chopped. Add beans; pulse until beans are coarsely mashed.
2. Transfer mixture to a bowl; add breadcrumbs and egg. Mix with hands. Shape into 8 burgers. Place on paper-lined plate and refrigerate 30 minutes.
3. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Cook 3-4 minutes per side.

Herbed Yogurt
1 cup Greek yogurt
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
salt & pepper
Place all ingredients in food processor and process until smooth.

2 comments:

Barb said...

I'm going to have to try this one. Thanks for sharing.

Samantha said...

yum! those do sound good! ill have to ask my mom to try and make some!!!!!!!!!!!!:)