Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Leadership Conference



I went to a leadership conference at work up in Park City. We stayed at the Canyons, which was really nice. I really enjoyed the first day. The bank hired a company to do the training and it was a lot of fun. We had to do activities like stand back to back with a partner and change five things on ourselves and see if the other would notice. Then we had to change five more, and five more. Then we were supposed to leave one thing changed for the rest of the day but that didn't happen. I immediately set everything straight.
One practice we did was to point our finger at the ceiling and then make clock-wise circles while lowering our hand. Once it gets down to your abdomen you start spinning counter clock-wise. The point of the exercise was about perception. We were then told to show the instructor clockwise. Everybody started making clockwise circles from their perspective. He then said again - Show ME clockwise. Another project we did was to build bikes. There were eight groups. They then had eight kids from the Christmas Box House in SLC come in who were ages 4-12. These are kids that have been removed from their homes and are in state custody. They were each presented with a new bike and helmet. The little girl who received our bike was the youngest and only four years old. Really sad. If there is no family member capable of taking the kids in they then go into the foster care system.
That night Mardene had her retirement party so I drove down to Provo for it. It was so much fun to visit with a lot of the old employees I used to work with. Everyone had a fantastic time. I then headed back up to Park City and managed to get my homework done and relax. The next morning was okay but somewhat blah. I went shopping a little at the Outlet Malls but there are not any really great deals. I think the best deals are found at the Gap. I then met Mutti & Michael at Kate's and we went shopping at the mall and went to dinner.

1 comment:

Barb said...

I had to smile at how your little bit of OCD made you set everything back to where it belonged. You always have to be "perfect". :) It's nice to get out of the office.