Monday, June 28, 2010

Dieting - Lost 9 pounds

My boss at work did the HCG diet and came in every day and told me about it and how excited he was. I told my mom about it and both she and Michael wanted to do it so naturally I did it too. We started on the 21st. The first two days you eat as much as you can of fats and sugar. I went and had a Big Mac, fries, and chocolate shake. I haven't had that in probably 20 years. Not my favorite but I figured if I was looking for fat, it was a good choice. That evening we went to Red Lobster to celebrate Tyler passing the state written exam of his EMT class. I was so full and was putting the coconut shrimp in my mouth, chewing, and swalling with water. So unenjoyable that I finally just stopped eating. Now of course I wish I could go back and stuff myself. I'm eating apples, chicken, been, and salad mostly. It is only 500 calories a day and I'm adjusting.
Of course imagine my surprise we I got on a scale and realized I had gained 15 pounds over the last couple of years. My big problem - snacking on anything with sugar. We always have meetings or lunches at work. And then there is the snack cabinet filled with sodas (which I didn't drink - no temptation) but candy bars, breakfast bars, cookies, candy, etc. which I devoured on a daily basis. My goal is to get off the sugar and this has really helped. I have not had any sugar for a week, which is a new record for me. The last time I did something like this I lasted four days and the gorged myself on sugar. Then there is the junk drawer at home and in my car (although I rarely eat that). I keep it there for Tyler. I walk in the house and there is a candy bowl full of peanut M&M's.
One of Michael's goals was to stop drinking Diet Coke. He stopped cold and has not had a soda in eight days. We are all doing well and helping to encourage one another. I have to say not always easy but getting easier as time goes by. Yesterday, I made roasted chicken with vegetables and potates, so we could eat the chicken breast and David, Tyler and my father could eat the rest along with a Key Lime Pie from Marie Callendars. We just had our chicken and salad.
As already mentioned I have lost 9 pounds since we started and that is the motivation to keep going. Two more weeks and I can start adding other things. If nothing else it has really helped me to resist my sugar intake and realize I do not need it. Plus, all of my clothes are fitting better.

1 comment:

Stephen and Debbie said...

That is awesome! Debbie did this diet and it made her a little crazy but she lost 10 pounds... Good for you!